IGK General Program
All new PhD students of the SFB are to become members of the IGK. To this extent, they have to sign a supervisor agreement (in German).
The supervisor agreement defines the IGK curriculum as follows:
- IGK graduate seminar, 6 ECTS, 5 semesters
- SFB colloquium, 6 ECTS, 6 semesters
- SFB retreat, 4 ECTS, 1 per year, 3 years
- Research group seminars, 6 ECTS, 6 semesters
- Elective: interdisciplinary lab course / research visit of another laboratory / conference or workshop participation, 6 ECTS, min. 1 per year, 3 years
- Elective: language courses / soft skill courses / outreach activity, 2 ECTS
After the 2nd and 4th semester, the student shall present an annual progress report, which describes the current state as well as future plans of the research project. The student shall give an oral presentation on the content of the report. The evaluation is taking place during an individual mentoring meeting with the members of the supervisory team.
Language and soft skill courses are offered by the Dahlem Research School (DRS).