IGK Workshop: What's my value outside academia?
Full day workshop by Jose Quesada
The workshop is designed to give students an opportunity to prepare and think about the time after the PhD.
1. How to evaluate the value of an idea inside academia (for example in grant proposals)
2. How industry and academia differ in how they value ideas
3. Risk types
4. Value types
5. Risk and value are relative
6. Risk and value are hard to measure
7. Risk and value are related
8. Value atomic transactions
9. Risk and accountability
10. Value comes from solving problems
11. Not all problems are valuable to solve
12. "What's my value?" is relative to industry, group, interviewer
13. Communicating value during an interview
14. Power awareness in value transactions
Each learning objective has exercises, prompts for discussions, and opportunities to try the concept. That is, this is not a 'lecture heavy' workshop.
If you want to register check here.
Subsequently to the workshop, the IGK is inviting SFB PIs and other members to join for various hearty and sweet snacks. Please contact email@example.com to participate.
Time & Location
Dec 12, 2022 | 09:30 AM - 05:30 PM
SupraFAB Big seminar room level 2
Cafeteria room | Fachbereich Physik